Winter Treats Recipe
It's time to cozy up next to the fire with a warm cup of hot cocoa, some delicious cookies, and a funny movie. Making and decorating cookies is one of the best holiday traditions.
Please enjoy these delicious winter treats
Fluffy Sugar Cookies
- 2 Cups Unsalted Butter room temp (if you like salty cookies, use salted)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Tsp Vanilla Extract (if you like almond, add 2 tsp vanilla and 4 tsp almond extract)
- 7 Cups Flour
- 6 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter room temp
- 1 8oz package Cream Cheese room temp
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- Mix together room temp butter, eggs, and sugar on low until smooth
- Add vanilla extract (and almond if you wanted this option)
- Then add baking powder and salt while mixing on a low setting
- Add one cup of flour at a time, mixing until smooth (bakers tip: the mixer gets very thick, so you might have to increase the mixers speed)
- Transfer dough to fridge for 1 hour or overnight
- 1 hour later: Roll out the dough to the desired thickness and cut your cookies (bakers tip: this dough is made to be thicker than most cookies)
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 min
- Remove from oven and transfer to a dry rack to cool completely before frosting
- On low, mix together butter and cream cheese
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and mix until smooth
- Sift powdered sugar into the butter mixture and mix until fully combined
Now its time to decorate and enjoy your Fluffy Sugar Cookies
Warning: This makes a LOT of cookies. You will want to share them with friends, family, and neighbors!
- 1 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- 1/2 tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- 2 - 10 oz bags of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 - 10 oz bags of White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- In a large ziplock bag fill halfway with candy canes and crush until you have varying sizes of crushed candy canes, then set aside
- Prepare a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring each section until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour over top the prepared baking dish, place baking size with smoothed chocolate in the fridge and begin to prepare the white chocolate
- Pour the White Chocolate, Coconut oil, and Peppermint extract into a microwave-safe bowl, and using the same method as the Semi-Sweet, heat the White Chocolate mixture in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring each section until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pull the pan out of the fridge,d pour white chocolate mixture over semi-sweet chocolate,e and immediately sprinkle crushed candy canes over the white chocolate's tope.
- Place pan into the fridge for 20 min until fully set
- Remove from fridge and break into pieces to serve.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a stand mixer, combine butter with sugar on medium until smooth
- Add vanilla extract and one egg at a time until well combined
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well combined
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar to create the cookie coating.
- Begin to roll dough into small balls and drop them into the sugar and cinnamon mixture, roll to coat the entire cookie
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet with parchment paper and set in the fridge for 45 min minimum or overnight
- Preheat over to 350 F. Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart wait 10 min before putting into the oven
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on wire rack.